What is PLA?
Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) is the process for awarding credit for learning that has taken place away from the college classroom.
- Credit may be awarded for work training, non-accredited classes, self-study, experience, and more.
- Credit can only be awarded for classes offered by Highline Community College.
- With faculty approval and guidance, students will demonstrate their competence in class content.
- Faculty will assist you in determining the best way to demonstrate your learning experience.
- Military and veterans can receive college credit for military training. Follow the link to see how, or contact the PLA Coordinator to help facilitate the process.